Father’s Day is just a few days away. Here are a few ways to show the dads (or father figures) in your life how much they mean to you:
- Synergy Photography is offering half-priced family sessions for families with deployed dads. Don’t worry about getting the photos there in time -- digital prints will land right in dad’s email inbox.
- Sweeten up your family’s Father’s Day with a dozen cupcakes or cookies from Dandalia Bakery! From now until June 17, you’ll get six extra cookies/cupcakes per dozen.
- Get dad’s car washed and detailed by JT’s Car Wash (1923 S. Horner Blvd) for just $15. The best part? If you purchase the service from the Carolina Women’s Fitness Center Relay for Life team, the charity receives $5 back! Call 919-775-5811 to order!
- Every father needs a comfy recliner. Use this coupon at Dossenbach’s Finer Furniture and Mattress Center to get $50 off a brand new Lane recliner that dad will love. The offer expires on June 20.
- Let the kids show their Father’s Day style with a tee shirt or tie set from Crooked Pigtails. And there’s a bonus! You’ll get 20% off private chef services from The Traveling Gourmet when you make your purchase. Note that you must purchase by June 17 but can use your chef coupon any time in the future.
- Enjoy the great outdoors with dad during a one-mile Father's Day Hike through the woods of the Poplar Point section of Jordan Lake. A park ranger will lead the hike and share bits of history about the area, including what it was like before the lake. The hike will begin at 1pm and will cost $6 per car for non-campers. Meet up at 1pm. Contact Robin Kalish with questions.
- If dad loves to kayak or canoe, plan to take him on the Robeson Creek Father's Day Paddle. A park ranger will lead everyone through Robeson Creek, parts of the Haw River, and parts of Jordan Lake if time permits. All equipment will be provided, but participants must have experience paddling in moving water and be at least 12 years old. The event starts at 2pm at the Robeson Creek Canoe Access. Reserve your spot at 919-733-4181.
- Take dad to the Father’s Day Gospel Extravaganza featuring Luther Barnes and the Sunset Jubilaires at the Civic Center on Sunday. Tickets are $20 in advance or $25 at the door (children under 6 are free) and the music will begin at 4pm (doors open at 3pm). Purchase your tickets at WXKL-1290 AM (774-1080), Manna Christian Bookstore (708-5999), Ken’s Music (776-0253), or by calling Sue Wilson (775-5265).
- Win a basket of goodies and a photo session with the dad in your life on The Flower Station’s facebook page. All you have to do is tell them how your dad has influenced you and others, and then get your friends and family to “like” the post. The post with the most likes by June 15 will win.
- Give dad a break from the car washing by entering C & P Family Car Wash's giveaway! All you have to do is like the Facebook page by June 16. One person will win a free car wash -- and the odds are in your favor right now. Don't want to take a chance? Book your dad's car wash for just $10!