And here's what's happening in the Sanford/Lee County NC area this weekend:
Skip ahead: Friday in Sanford/Lee County NC, All Weekend in Sanford/Lee County NC, Saturday in Sanford/Lee County NC, Saturday in the region, Sunday in Sanford/Lee County NC. Remember to use Ctrl+F (or Command+F) to search for specific events.
Friday in Sanford/Lee County NC
- Try something new at Jeff and Lisa's Brickhouse Grill! Round 3 of the restaurant’s "mystery dish" game will feature eggplant, rosemary, almonds, vanilla, and coca-cola. Make sure you like their page so you can suggest next week’s ingredients (which earns you a discount on the meal)!
- Head to Bynum Front Porch (7-9pm) in Chatham County for The Tommy Edwards Bluegrass Experience, a 5-piece band that uses traditional bluegrass instruments to create a diverse, authentic sound.
- Head out to the 103 Restaurant & Lounge for its first-ever Pajama & Lingerie Party. Men must wear shirts (no tank tops, sleeveless shirts, or doo-rags) and women must have all private areas completely covered.
- Start your weekend with yoga on the beach. Presence Yoga with Crystal Hetrick offers yoga every Saturday and Sunday morning at 8:30am in Carolina Lakes. Click here to get more info.
- Love a good sale? Check out We "3" Thrift Store's summer clear out event. Items in the store are up to 75% off through the weekend. Bonus: Mention SocialSanford and get an addition 10% off your entire purchase!
- Parents and daycare providers will want to check out this sale. The bad news is that Home Away From Home Childcare (Tramway) is closing its doors. The good news is they are selling a ton of children's items -- from furniture to musical instruments to toys -- at bargain prices. This sale will continue until all items are gone.
- If you'll be near Wilmington this weekend, check out the Cape Fear Blues Festival happening at several music venues across the city. Featured musicians include Studebaker John and the Hawks, Rickey Godfrey and Band, and Eric Manning with E-Train and The Rusted Rails.
- It's the Holly Hill Day Lily & Crinum Farm's last day of business (7:30am-5pm). Purchase flowers from this local treasure located in Moncure while you have the chance.
- If you’re out yard saling, make sure you head over to Sanford Real Estate at 304 N Horner Blvd for a multi-family yard sale (8am-noon) to help the SASL Sharks raise money for travel expenses. Want to share you yard sale information? Post it in the comments!
- Another yard sale you'll want to hit: There will be a large multi-family yard sale at 504 Providence Hall Drive in the Carthage Colonies subdivision starting at 7am. You'll be able to choose from scrapbooking supplies, baby gear and clothes, house and kitchen items, and more.
- Try Zumba for free at One on One Fitness (Steele Street). New instructor Nancy will help you start your weekend on the right foot.
- Get all the fresh, local foods you’ll need for a tasty weekend at the Sanford Farmers’ Market (9am-noon) in Depot Park. Vendors will be selling seasonal produce, chicken and pork products, plants, and more.
- Want to do something fun, educational, and free this weekend? Make plans to be at Big Bloomers Flower Farm for Hummingbird Day (10am-2pm)! You’ll want to get there early, this event is always packed!
- Take your pets to Carolina Town & Country for a Vaccine Clinic (10am-2pm). They'll be offering rabies shots for $10 and discounts on other services, as well.
- Ready for Christmas in July? The Lee County Arts Council's Christmas in July Reception and Show & Sell Event is 10am-1pm at The Artist's Loft in downtown Sanford. Sounds like a fun way to do some early shopping and support local businesses!
- Give the gift of life at Tramway Baptist Church's (Jefferson Davis Hwy) first blood drive starting at 1pm. There will be free food, music, and door prizes. Schedule your donation time by calling Dana at 919-770-3333.
- Music lovers will want to be in Depot Park starting at 5pm for the Summer Showcase, a great night of local music from the bands Madman's Sunday (5pm), Method to Madness (6pm), Future Ghosts (7pm), and No Mercy (8pm). This concert is free, but merchandise will be on sale to support the bands.
- Want more local produce? Check out Chatham County’s offerings, which include the markets at Carolina Brewery (9am-1pm), Chatham Marketplace (8am-noon), or Siler City Farmers’ Market (9:30am-1pm).
- Millstone Creek Orchard in Ramseur NC is opening its you-pick apple season at 9am. They have Grand Gala, Royal Courtland, and Honeycrisp ready to pick and devour.
- Go hear excerpts from Clyde Edgerton's novel The Night Train at McIntyre's Books (Fearrington Village, Pittsboro). The event begins at 11am.
- Another chance to try Zumba! Take part of a Zumba-thon at Dance EFX in Lillington (1180 N. Main St, 3-5pm). The cost is $10 and proceeds are being donated to a dance studio in Joplin, MO that lost everything in the tornado. There will be four instructors, a bouncy castle, a dunking booth, and more -- so bring the kids!
- Plan to take a tour of "The Plant," a biofuel and biofarm complext that includes Piedmont Biofuels Industrial, Eastern Carolina Organics, Piedmont Biofarm, Screech Owl Greenhouses, and more. The tour starts at 10am.
- Our last week of Vacation Bible School starts today at Vineyard Assembly on Henley Road. Check out specific dates and times in our roundup. Want your church's upcoming VBS to join the list? Just send it over to us!