Mother's Day is this weekend. Here's our list of top things to do to celebrate all the mothers in your life, from grandma to mothers-to-be:
- Get 15 percent off your purchases all day on Sunday at Reaching for the Stars Vintage. And if you shop before Saturday, you’ll be able to build up to a 40 percent discount.
- Pick up something special each day at Added Accents. The store is offering a “Deal of the Day” with each day featuring a special mom-approved item. See all the deals here.
- Help mom get ready for summer with specials at Bronze Boutique, including a buy-one-get-one-free month of tanning, free sessions, and tons of discounts. These offers all end on Sunday.
- As a Mother’s Day special, AlexSandra Lett is offering 25 percent off her books at a signing at Steele Street Cafe on Wednesday (12-2pm). The signing will come after the weekly Coffee & Contacts meeting.
- Wreaths by Sisters of Hope is offering 10 percent off select wreaths and mailbox covers through Sunday. View the specials here.
- Double up by celebrating Mother’s Day and raising funds for cancer research at the Lee County or Pittsboro Relay for Life events on Friday. Pittsboro’s event will be at Northwood High School and Lee County’s will be at the Lions Club Fairgrounds in Sanford.
- Take mom on a tour of Seagrove this Saturday at the “Behind the Scenes Pottery Crawl,” a fundraiser for the Northern Moore Resource Center (10am-5pm). The tour is self-guided and you’ll see pottery demos, nosh on appetizers paired with wine, and raise money for local programs.
- Does your mom love to be active? Take her skating at Family Fun Zone (Rand Street) on Sunday! They are offering free skating for moms from 1pm to 7pm.
- You can take mom to see Little Shop of Horrors at the Temple Theatre in Sanford at 8pm on Friday and Saturday or 2pm on Sunday. Tickets are $22/adult.
- Go see The Sound of Music performed by the Harnett Regional Theatre at Stewart Theatre in Dunn on Friday and Saturday at 7:30pm. Tickets cost $15/adult and $10/senior.
- Mom can have mimosas and muffins (and cupcakes) at UnWINEd. The mimosas will be made with Silk Hope Seyval Blanc Sparkling Wine and the muffins and cupcakes will be from Dandalia Bakery.
- Eat locally sourced foods prepared by top chefs at Celebrity Inn Dairy’s Sunday Dinner in Siler City. Seating times run from 5:30pm until 7:30pm and cost $75. Call 919-742-5176 to make a reservation.
- Take your mom (or your daughter) to Chick-Fil-A of Sanford for a Girls' Night Out. There are seatings at 4:30pm, 5:30pm, 6:30pm, and 7:30pm. Click here to sign up!
- Well CENTERED has something for all moms, including discounts on hour-long massages, pre-natal massages, and private yoga sessions. Call 919-777-WELL (9355) to purchase.