Remember to check back during the week and watch the SocialSanford Facebook page for events or updates that weren’t submitted in time for the Social Buzz. Specifically, use the hashtags #socialsanfordjobs and #socialsanfordgiveaways on Facebook for job/giveaway updates.
Things to do in Sanford/Lee County this week:
- Pollinator Garden Tour at Chatham Mills, 480 Hillsboro St, Pittsboro NC
What: Chatham County Cooperative Extension agent Debbie Roos will lead a tour of the garden. No registration is required. Meet on the lawn.
- Grand Re-Opening of the Western Harnett/Overhills Area PTO Thrift Store, 3793 Olivia Rd, Sanford NC
What: A ribbon cutting will be held at 2p. There will discounts all day, as well as a visit from Santa.
- Sociable Art at The Flame Steakhouse, 109 Carbonton Rd, Sanford NC
What: Paint a 16×20 canvas with guided instruction. The cost is $35, which includes all supplies.
- Pints & Poses at Libations, 139 Chatham St, Sanford NC
What: Michelle Morie will lead a one hour yoga class. The class and your choice of a beer or glass of wine is $10. Call 919-292-1629 to check on availability.
- Monday Night Music Jam at Circle M City, 74 Cowboy Ln, Sanford NC
What: Music will be in the Livery Stable. There is no admission fee. All are welcome.
- Ladies Night at Deep River Sporting Clays & Shooting School, 284 Cletus Hall Rd, Sanford NC
What: Hone your skills, whether you’re a novice or professional, member or non-member, in a judgement free zone. Cost is $15. Call 919-774-7080 to register.
- Sanford Jobseekers at First Baptist Church, 202 Summit Dr, Sanford NC
What: Join a group of like-minded job seekers who want to support one another during transition. Everyone is welcome. Call 919-776-6137 for more information.
- Thursday Hike at Raven Rock State Park, 3009 Raven Rock Rd, Lillington NC
What: Join park staff every week to hike 3-6 miles on trails that can be flat, hilly and include steps. Plan to stop during the hike to observe wildlife, enjoy environmental educational moments, and listen to the natural world. For ages 12 and up. Call the visitor center at 910-893-4888 x0 for additional information and meeting location.
- Summer Party at Field Sparrow Farm, 1623 NC Hwy 87S, Sanford NC
What: Celebrate the farm’s first season in Sanford with farm tours, food, and discussions on sustainable agriculture and cooking. Tours run at 5:30p and 6:30p. Food is at 7p. Bring your favorite dish to share.
- German Speakers Group at San Felipe Mexican Restaurant, 1706 S. Horner Blvd, Sanford NC
What: The group invites all German speakers to attend. There is no agenda, just great conversation. Contact Tamara Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Function at the Junction in Depot Park, 106 Charlotte Ave, Sanford NC
What: Heart of Carolina Jazz will play Motown hits. Bring your own blanket or chair.
- Chinese Orchestra Concert at the Dennis A. Wicker Civic Center, 1801 Nash St, Sanford NC
What: The Confucius Classroom at Central Carolina Community College presents the Xiangyang Youth Philharmonic Orchestra for a concert of traditional Chinese music. Admission is free.
- Coffee & Worship at Coffee Barrel, 703D S. Horner Blvd, Sanford NC
What: Bring an instrument and join in or just come and enjoy others playing and singing. Allysha Lilley will start the night.
- ‘Wizard of Oz’ at the Temple Theatre, 120 Carthage St, Sanford NC
What: The second session of the theatre’s Summer Youth Conservatory will stage the iconic production. Tickets are $8/child and $14/adult.
- Live Music at The Smoke and Barrel, 120 S. Steele St, Sanford NC
What: Jonathan Parker will play.