Remember: Check the SocialSanford Facebook page during the week for events or updates that weren’t submitted in time for the Social Buzz. Specifically, use the hashtags #socialsanfordjobs and #socialsanfordgiveaways on Facebook for job/giveaway updates.
Things to do in Sanford/Lee County this week:
- Pints & Poses at Libations, 139 Chatham St, Sanford NC
What: For $10, participants get one hour of yoga and one pint from the tap or glass of wine. Space is limited. Call 919-292-1629 to ensure mat space.
- Monday Night Music Jam at Circle M City, 74 Cowboy Ln, Sanford NC
What: Music will be in the Livery Stable. There is no admission fee. All are welcome.
- 80’s Unplugged LIVE Broadcast at Karma Boutique & Coffee Bar, 131 Wicker St, Sanford NC
What: 80s Unplugged will broadcast live via Skype for the WGN Chicago morning show from the coffee shop. The Smoke and Barrel will be selling brisket and egg burritos and bagel sandwiches onsite.
- Lee Readers Book Club at the Lee County Library, 107 Hawkins Ave, Sanford NC
What: Lee Readers is a book club that meets on the third Tuesday of each month.
- Beginner Line Dance Class at the VFW, 1500 Webb St, Sanford NC
What: Dancers of all ability levels are welcome to learn in a friendly environment. The cost is $7/person.
- Tuesday Tales at the Temple Theatre, 120 Carthage St, Sanford NC
What: Several area storytellers will entertain audiences with their stories. There will be no charge for this event. But seating is limited, so call 919-775-4155 or stop by to reserve your seat. Box office hours are weekdays 2pm-6pm.
- Sanford Jobseekers at First Baptist Church, 202 Summit Dr, Sanford NC
What: Join a group of like-minded job seekers who want to support one another during transition. Everyone is welcome. Call 919-776-6137 for more information.
- Toddler Story Time at the Lee County Library, 107 Hawkins Ave, Sanford NC
What: Bring toddlers (up to age 3) for story time in the auditorium. Programs last between 20 and 30 minutes and may include stories, finger plays, flannel board stories, crafts, movement, and music.
- Kelly Services Recruiting Event at NC Career Works, 1909 Lee Ave, Sanford NC
What: Explore opportunities for working at Kelly Services, apply for open positions, and start working.
- Free Breakfast at Chick-Fil-A, 3224 NC Hwy 87S, Sanford NC
What: Stop by the eatery for free breakfast. This is for the month of February.
- Thursday Hike at Raven Rock State Park, 3009 Raven Rock Rd, Lillington NC
What: Join park staff every week to hike 3-6 miles on trails that can be flat, hilly and include steps. Plan to stop during the hike to observe wildlife, enjoy environmental educational moments, and listen to the natural world. For ages 12 and up. Call the visitor center at 910-893-4888 x0 for additional information and meeting location.
- Preschool Story Time at the Lee County Library, 107 Hawkins Ave, Sanford NC
What: Bring children ages 3-5 for story time in the auditorium. Programs last between 20 and 30 minutes and may include stories, finger plays, flannel board stories, crafts, movement, and music.
- Business After Hours at the Hawkins House, 112 Hawkins Ave, Sanford NC
What: Join the Sanford Area Growth Alliance for a Business After Hours hosted by Liberty HomeCare. The event will feature appetizers, drinks, live music, a candy “bar,” and a photo booth.
- Bookkeeping for Small Businesses Seminar at the Dennis Wicker Civic Center, 1801 Nash Street, Sanford NC
What: Learn how to properly record financial transactions for your business from Lori Stiles. To register, call 919-718-7544 or click here.
- Auction at S & L Bargain Depot, 1000 N. Horner Blvd, Sanford NC
What: Overstock and mis-shipped items will be auctioned to the highest bidder. See a preview of items here.
- Barbecue’s Got Talent at Barbecue Presbyterian Church, 124 Barbecue Church Rd, Sanford NC
What: The church will host a talent show that is open to all. February 23 is rehearsal day. To sign up, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Open Gym at Sanford Academy of Gymnastics, 2731 Lee Ave, Sanford NC
What: Drop off the kids for an evening of fun in the gym. The cost is $7 per hour or $15 for the whole night. Share this post for a chance to win a free night.
- ‘Savannah Sipping Society’ at the Temple Theatre, 120 Carthage St, Sanford NC
When: 2p and 8p
What: “Four unique Southern women, all needing to escape the sameness of their day-to-day routines, are drawn together by Fate—and an impromptu happy hour—and decide it’s high time to reclaim the enthusiasm for life they’ve lost through the years.” Tickets are $14 for students and seniors and $25 for adults.
- Live Music at The Smoke & Barrel, 120 S. Steele St, Sanford NC
What: Abe Reid & The Spikedrivers will perform.