Remember: Check the SocialSanford Facebook page during the week for events or updates that weren’t submitted in time for the Social Buzz. Specifically, use the hashtags #socialsanfordjobs and #socialsanfordgiveaways on Facebook for job/giveaway updates.
Things to do in Sanford/Lee County this week:
- Job Fair at Express Employment Professionals, 307 S. Horner Blvd, Sanford NC
What: Apply for a range of jobs that pay from $10 to $23 per hour, depending on the field and experience.
- Static Control Job Fair at the Dennis A. Wicker Civic Center, 1801 Nash St, Sanford NC
What: Apply for a range of jobs, including general manufacturing, assembly specialist, material handlers, and sales support. Experience-based positions included product manager, sales engineer, and Siebel developer.
- Lee County Commissioners Meeting at the Government Center, 112 Hillcrest Ave, Sanford NC
What: View the meeting agenda here. There will be a 5p work session to discuss the county’s contract with the Sanford Area Growth Alliance.
- Paint and Sip at The Flame Steakhouse, 109 Carbonton Rd, Sanford NC
What: Paint “Blue Ridge Meadow” with step by step instruction for $35/person. Beginners are welcome and encouraged. Seats must be reserved and paid for in advance here.
- National Night Out Coordinators’ Meeting at City Hall, 225 E. Weatherspoon St, Sanford NC
What: Attendees will be able to ask questions about National Night Out, start preparing for their neighborhoods’ events, and win prizes. Please note this event is for City residents only. County residents should contact the Sheriff’s Office for more information. A light dinner will be served.
- Monday Night Music Jam at Circle M City, 74 Cowboy Ln, Sanford NC
What: Music will be in the Livery Stable. There is no admission fee. All are welcome.
- Tuesday Tales at Depot Park, 106 Charlotte Ave, Sanford NC
What: The Lee County Arts Council invites the public to an evening of storytelling. Ron Jones, Dick Sotori, and Jadie Fusion will tell their stories.
- Sanford City Council Meeting at City Hall, 225 E. Weatherspoon St, Sanford NC
What: View the meeting agenda here.
- Sanford Jobseekers at First Baptist Church, 202 Summit Dr, Sanford NC
What: Join a group of like-minded job seekers who want to support one another during transition. Everyone is welcome. Call 919-776-6137 for more information.
- Toddler Story Time at the Lee County Library, 107 Hawkins Ave, Sanford NC
What: Bring toddlers (up to age 3) for story time in the auditorium. Programs last between 20 and 30 minutes and may include stories, finger plays, flannel board stories, crafts, movement, and music.
- Daybreak Divas at Karma Boutique & Coffee Bar, 131 Wicker St, Sanford NC
What: Start the day with a free networking event for women.
- Thursday Hike at Raven Rock State Park, 3009 Raven Rock Rd, Lillington NC
What: Join park staff every week to hike 3-6 miles on trails that can be flat, hilly and include steps. Plan to stop during the hike to observe wildlife, enjoy environmental educational moments, and listen to the natural world. For ages 12 and up. Call the visitor center at 910-893-4888 x0 for additional information and meeting location.
- Preschool Story Time at the Lee County Library, 107 Hawkins Ave, Sanford NC
What: Bring children ages 3-5 for story time in the auditorium. Programs last between 20 and 30 minutes and may include stories, finger plays, flannel board stories, crafts, movement, and music.
- “Function at the Junction” Concert in Depot Park, 106 Charlotte Ave, Sanford NC
What: Renowned musician Gregg Gelb and his The Heart of Carolina Jazz Society will perform with 3 guest Latin percussionists.
- Vino & Van Gogh at ArtStudio, 102 S Steele Street, Sanford NC
What: Lisa Mathis will lead the group through a Van Gogh inspired painting. The cost is $40/person. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- “Voice of Faith” at The Enrichment Center, 1615 S. Third St, Sanford NC
What: Meet local author and former community school administrator Kimberly McLean. Hear the story of how she overcame stage 4 cancer.
- Rockabilly Riot at the Temple Theatre, 120 Carthage St, Sanford NC
What: Rob Matthews will perform with a new band packed with Nashville-based musicians. Tickets are $15.
- Live Music at The Smoke and Barrel, 120 S. Steele St, Sanford NC
What: The Torn Corners will perform.