Remember: Check the SocialSanford Facebook page during the week for events or updates that weren’t submitted in time for the Social Buzz. Specifically, use the hashtags #socialsanfordjobs and #socialsanfordgiveaways on Facebook for job/giveaway updates.
Things to do in Sanford/Lee County this week:
- TOPS Open House at First Baptist Church Life Center, 202 Summitt Dr, Sanford NC
What: Sanford’s Take Off Pounds Sensibly chapter will hold an open house. Learn more about how the group can help with a healthy lifestyle. For more information, contact Jill Lucas at 919-775-5551.
- Coupon Class at the McSwain Center, 2420 Tramway Rd, Sanford NC
What: Get tips for saving money on groceries from ECA volunteer Becky Poole. Call 919-775-5624 or 919-774-1490 to register.
- Monday Night Music Jam at Circle M City, 74 Cowboy Ln, Sanford NC
What: Music will be in the Livery Stable. There is no admission fee. All are welcome.
- Genealogy Resource Class at the Lee County Library, 107 Hawkins Ave, Sanford NC
What: Learn about Ancestry Library and Heritage Quest searches, as well as other online options. Call 919-718-4665 for more information or to register.
- Sanford Jobseekers at First Baptist Church, 202 Summit Dr, Sanford NC
What: Join a group of like-minded job seekers who want to support one another during transition. Everyone is welcome. Call 919-776-6137 for more information.
- Toddler Story Time at the Lee County Library, 107 Hawkins Ave, Sanford NC
What: Bring toddlers (up to age 3) for story time in the auditorium. Programs last between 20 and 30 minutes and may include stories, finger plays, flannel board stories, crafts, movement, and music.
- Ribbon Cutting at Electric Vehicle Charge Point, 151 S Horner Blvd, Sanford NC
What: Join the City of Sanford, Duke Energy, and the Sanford Area Chamber of Commerce to cut the ribbon on Sanford’s first Electric Vehicle Charge Point, which is located in the Horner Square parking lot in downtown.
- Thursday Hike at Raven Rock State Park, 3009 Raven Rock Rd, Lillington NC
What: Join park staff every week to hike 3-6 miles on trails that can be flat, hilly and include steps. Plan to stop during the hike to observe wildlife, enjoy environmental educational moments, and listen to the natural world. For ages 12 and up. Call the visitor center at 910-893-4888 x0 for additional information and meeting location.
- Preschool Story Time at the Lee County Library, 107 Hawkins Ave, Sanford NC
What: Bring children ages 3-5 for story time in the auditorium. Programs last between 20 and 30 minutes and may include stories, finger plays, flannel board stories, crafts, movement, and music.
- Ribbon Cutting at Comfort First Heating & Cooling, 7001 Lark Ln, Sanford NC
What: Join the Sanford Area Chamber of Commerce to cut the ribbon on Comfort First Heating & Cooling’s new office.
- Oil Painting Class with Doug Rowe at Artstudio, 102 S. Steele St, Sanford NC
What: Learn to paint with oils. This is a multi-week class that includes a sketched and sealed canvas and guided instruction. The cost is $125. Email Doug Rowe at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.
- “Function at the Junction” Concert in Depot Park, 106 Charlotte Ave, Sanford NC
What: Enjoy a free concert by recording artists Carolina Tradition Bluegrass Band. This is the first band in Downtown Sanford’s annual summer concert series.
- Zumba Glow Party at Sanford Latin Dance, 109 S. Steele St, Sanford NC
What: Zumba Jammer Meladie Capers-Adams will host this 90-minute zumba party. Admission is $5/member and $10/non-member.
- “Guns of Ava” at the Temple Theatre, 120 Carthage St, Sanford NC
What: This production is a Memorial Day Weekend tribute to our military men and women and centers around the true story of a decorated veteran. Tickets are $20/adult, $15/student, and $18/military member.
- BBQ and Brews at Howards Barbecue, 100 S. Main St, Lillington NC
What: The Pickled Beats will play rock, classic rock, country, and rock-a-billy.